Hey guys, In this article, I am going to talk about why do you need to focus so much on SEO? So keep reading.
The whole world is slowly moving towards the digital platform or we can say we have already become digitized in the modern era. You should know that if you are running a business in the modern era then you will need to make sure that you are making the most of the digital platform. And when you will be dealing with the digital platform then focusing on SEO will become your prime importance. Without SEO, you will fail miserably on the digital platform.
SEO is the right way to go if you want to rank higher in the searches, but the problems which most of the business faces is that the rules and algorithm of SEO keep changing with time and ranking high in the searches are becoming more and more difficult.
Although there are many factors that affect your SEO strategy, the one factor which is still prevalent and a strong weapon in your fight to rank high is keywords.
What Are Keywords?
Keywords are basically the terms which we enter in the search engine when we are looking for information, tips, trick, solutions, and other queries. For example, if you are searching for a QuickBooks hosting provider on the internet and you enter QuickBooks hosting in the search engine then QuickBooks hosting or QuickBooks on the cloud will be the keyword.
But when it comes to SEO, then keywords have a very special role to play as the keywords are the basis on which a search engine exactly understands what you are looking for, and then it goes through its database to present the most relevant web pages on your screen.
How Keywords Help A Website To Rank Higher?
Organic search is the best and the most precise way to bring customers to your business. You will always wish to rank high in all those terms which your audiences are looking for. For example, if you are running an online bakery shop then you will wish to rank high when a person searches for an ‘online bakery shop’.
You can place such keywords related to your business in your website, blogs, meta description, blog titles and make it easy for the search engine to know what your page is all about. But many people misinterpret the use of keywords and try to stuff them on their website and end up degrading their website ranking and traffic.
You should first write the content for your audience and then optimize it according to your keywords because too much stuffing of keywords is also bad from the SEO perspective.
What Are The Perks Of Keywords For Businesses?
- With the help of keywords, you can get listed in the relevant search results
- By using targeted keywords, you can bring a huge amount of traffic to your website
- The right keyword density approach can be used to boost your ranking in the niche
- The domain authority of a website can also be increased with keyword targeting
Why Keywords Are Not Outdated And Still Ruling The SEO strategy?
Many people say that those days are gone when keywords helped businesses to rank higher but it’s not completely true.
The algorithm of SEO has surely evolved and become more precise but it doesn’t mean that keywords have become an outdated part of the SEO strategy. Keywords might be the most basic SEO strategy adopted by your business, but it is still a strong contender when it comes to different SEO parameters.
Search engines like Google still love keywords and use them as a major portion of their basis to show relevant results. By using the right approach and planning for keywords, you can surely make the most of it.
But it is also true that your whole SEO strategy shouldn’t be only focused on keywords only as SEO is composed of several different factors.
What Are The Different Types Of Keywords?
There are basically two types of keywords
- Short tail keywords– These keywords are basically composed of not more than 3 words like finding a job online, best online mobile, term insurance, latest news, etc.
- Long-tail keywords– These keywords are more specific and it is composed of more than 3 words like losing weight in one week, finding the right price of car online, cheapest QuickBooks hosting provider, etc.
Where To Use The Keywords?
- You can use the keywords in the title of the page
- You can also use the keywords in the URL of the page
- Use the keyword throughout the page copy
- Put keywords in your meta description
- Use keywords in your blogs
- Use the keywords in the image file path
- You can also use the keywords in the anchor text
Points To Remember While Planning Your Keywords Strategy
- While using keywords in your blog, always keep the keyword density in mind. The standard keyword density should be between 1 to 3%.
- Keyword research should be done precisely as it will set the base for your keyword strategy.
- Never use those keywords which are not relevant to your website.
- Don’t use generic keywords as many businesses will be competing for it. Be more specific and analyze your target audience to find keywords that are not that generic.
- Always check your keywords to know whether you can get on the first page of search results or not. Like if you are choosing the word ‘WordPress’ then the first two ranks will be occupied by WordPress and Wikipedia and there is no way you can beat them.
- Don’t try to stuff keywords on your website as it can hamper your ranking and affect the traffic on your website.
So, if you are thinking that keyword is an outdated part of SEO strategy then you are living in a world of misconception and myths because still most of the businesses use keywords in their SEO strategy. This will help you in the modern era to not only survive on the digital platform but also thrive on the digital platform without any hassle.
Kashyapi Prajapati has been involved in the world of accounting software, SEO, and cloud computing for a very long time and currently, she is working as a lead content writer with Cloudwalks, a QuickBooks enterprise hosting which offers affordable QuickBooks hosting pricing. Cloud computing and SEO are what she eats and drinks.
So that’s all from this blog I hope you like this article about why do you need to focus so much on SEO. Also, if you like this article then please share it with your friends and social media followers.