The Powerball lottery is a great way to have fun and potentially win lots of money with cash prizes. If you are confused by the Powerball game rules or how to play the Powerball lottery USA, don’t worry! Keep reading to find everything you need to know about how to play the US PowerBall lottery.
What Are The Rules For Powerball?
The USA Powerball lottery rules can be confusing. Here are a few concrete Powerball game rules that everyone needs to follow if they want to know how to play the US PowerBall lottery.
- Powerball tickets cannot be canceled. Once you buy them, they are officially in the drawing.
- According to the lotto Powerball rules, the cost for one play is $2.00.
- Powerball draws happen every Wednesday and Saturday. Make sure to watch!
- Powerball winning rules state that a winner has 180 days to claim their prize, and 60 days to announce if they want it in cash or annual payments.
How To Get Started Playing Powerball
Powerball is a two-pot lottery game. One drum has 69 white balls from which five balls are drawn while the other one holds 26 red balls from which one red ball called the Powerball is drawn. The play often involves picking out five numbers from 1 to 69 and an option for a Powerball at an extra cost.
If you need to put your hand in the jackpot or any of the winning of the Powerball lottery then visit any authorized lottery retailer. Pick up a payslip from the retailer and start playing. Each slip gives you an option to play up to five plays by selecting from each of its five panels. The procedure involves:
- Select five numbers from 1 to 69 or mark the Quick Pick box to get a randomized pick of your numbers.
- Select the Powerball number from 1 to 26 or mark the quick pick box.
- You can increase the multiplier of non-jackpot prizes by selecting the power play option at an extra dollar. The power play applies to the whole payslip ticket.
- Select the number of advances draws you wish advance play selection on the payslip or simply tell the vendor
- Review your ticket carefully and hand it back to the retailer plus the payments.
- Check the press, TV, and online result to find out whether you won
Winning The Powerball
Winning the Powerball is a bit simpler compared to many other lotteries since there are prizes from matching a single number to matching all of them. The order of the power ball number doesn’t affect your chances of winning.
If you were to pick 2,3, 21,7, 11, and Powerball of 25 it means you still win when the final draw produces 11,2,7,3,21 and 25 or any other combinations that have the same numbers. However, you have to correctly predict the Powerball.
You only have to pick at least one single ball correctly to win the Powerball. The catch is the ball has to be the red ball. Picking the red ball guarantees you dollars which means you have a return on your initial investment. Predicting all the five balls plus the jackpot gives you the coveted jackpot prize.
There are two basic payouts one with the Powerplay option and one without and one without it.
|Matches of Numbers
|Prize with Powerplay X2-X5
|5 Correct White Balls with the Powerball
|Don’t affect on a jackpot
|5 Correct White Balls, without the Powerball
|4 Correct White Balls with Powerball
|$20,000 – $100,000
|4 Correct White Balls, without the Powerball
|$200 – $1,000
|3 Correct White Balls with the Powerball
|$200 – $1,000
|3 Correct White Balls, without the Powerball
|$14 – $70
|2 Correct White Balls with the Powerball
|$14 – $70
|1 Correct White Ball with the Powerball
|$8 – $40
|No White Balls, Just the Powerball
|$8 – $40
Powerball multi-draw allows one to play in 26 consecutive drawings with the same numbers. There is even an option to choose specific dates that you feel are the luckiest. There are more chances of winning compared to other games as any player could get a prize for getting the red ball.
How To Play Powerball Lottery From India
Now that you know some of the U.S Powerball lottery rules, let’s go over how to play the US PowerBall lottery.
- Purchase a Powerball ticket either online on Lottothrill.com or from an authorized store like a gas station.
- Once you have your Powerball slip, the next step in how to play the US PowerBall lottery is to choose five (5) numbers. These numbers will be between 1-69 and can be any combination. You can also mark the QuickPick, which picks numbers for you.
- Select your Powerball number between the numbers 1 and 26. This will be in the lower area of the card.
- If you want, you can select the Power Playbox. This is optional, but according to the Powerball lottery rules, it can multiply prizes that are not jackpots. Power Play costs an additional $1.00
- In the Advance Play section, choose the number of draws you want to play. Powerball game rules state that you can also tell the seller how many plays you want to draw.
- Make sure you review your selections carefully and feel confident. As stated in the rules of how to play the US PowerBall lottery, Powerball tickets cannot be canceled.
- Hand over your money and Powerball slip to the seller. They will give you a ticket with your numbers and other information like if you chose Power Play.
- Check the official drawings! Powerball rules make it clear that it is your responsibility to reach out if you want to collect your prize money.
This is how to play the US PowerBall lottery. Now, here are some explanations and details about Powerball play.